1 day - £120 (Includes BHPA Introductory membership and third party insurance). A non-refundable deposit of £20 is required when booking, with the balance to be paid on the day.
BHPA* Elementary Pilot Certificate Course (EP)
As long as it takes - £490 (£370 if 1 day taster already taken) Can be done in 4 - 5 days if weather conditions are good.
BHPA * Club Pilot (Novice) Certificate Course (CPN)As long as it takes - £490 Can be done in 4 - 5 days if weather conditions are good.
- all theory on principles of flight, air law, meteorology, site assessment, flight planning etc.
- all flights individually planned, supervised and analysed.
- BHPA Elementary and Club Pilot (Novice) ratings training.
- elementary pilot training guide
- comprehensive handbook (covering EP and CPN) on all aspects of flying a paraglider.
- High student/instructor ratio ensuring personal attention at all times.
- all flying equipment supplied.
* NOTE: In addition to the course fee, all EPC and CPNovice students are required to take out BHPA trial membership (currently £75 for 3 months), or flying membership (currently £121 for the first year, with reduced rates for those under 21 or over 60 years of age). Membership includes third party insurance cover, and is payable direct to the BHPA via First Flight.
IMPORTANT: Fees are liable to change without notice, but all courses are on an "as long as it takes" basis.
As BHPA insurance is third party only and does not cover personal injury, optional personal injury insurance is strongly recommended, not only for paragliding training, but it also includes a wide range of other sports and recreational activities.